IELTS NATIVE SPEAKING TEST 25
Sample Part One Questions
Questions about Family
• Do you have a large family or a small family?
• Can you tell me something about them?
• How much time do you manage to spend with members of your family?
• What sorts of things do you like to do together?
• Did/Do you get on well with your family? [Why?]
Questions about Festivals
• Tell me about the most important festival in your country
• What special food and activities are connected with this festival?
• What do you most enjoy about it?
• Do you think festivals are important for a country?[Why?]
Questions about Visitors
• What would you suggest a visitor should see and do in your country?
• Are there any traditional arts or music you would recommend?
• Tell me about the kind of foreign visitors or tourists who go to your country
• In what ways has tourism changed your country?
Questions about Daily Routine
• What would you like to change in your daily routine?
• Are all your days the same?
• Tell me about your typical weekday and your typical weekend
• What is the balance of work/study and free time in your normal day?
Questions about Dancing
• Do you enjoy dancing? [Why? Why not?]
• Has anyone ever taught you to dance? [Why? /Why not?]
• Tell me about any traditional dancing in your country
• Do you think that traditional dancing will be popular in the future? [Why? Why not?]
Questions about Musical instruments
• Which instrument do you like listening to most? [Why?]
• Have you ever learned to play a musical instrument? [Which one?]
• Do you think children should learn to play a musical instrument at school? [Why? Why not?]
• How easy would it be to learn to play an instrument without a teacher? [Why?]
Questions about Traffic where you live
• How do most people travel to work where you live?
• What traffic problems are there in your area? [Why?]
• How do traffic problems affect you?
• How would you reduce the traffic problems in your area?
Questions about Your friends
• Do you prefer to have one particular friend or a group of friends? [Why?]
• What do you like doing most with your friend/s?
• Do you think it's important to keep in contact with friends you knew as a child? [Why? Why not?]
• What makes a friend into a good friend?
Questions about Keeping in contact with people
• How do you usually contact your friends? [Why?]
• Do you prefer to contact different people in different ways? [Why?]
• Do you find it easy to keep in contact with friends and family? [Why? /Why not?]
• In your country, did people in the past keep in contact in the same ways as they do today? [Why?/Why not?]
What do you like about living in your hometown?
What don’t you like about living in your hometown?
Describe a time when you were asked to give your opinion in a questionnaire or survey
You should say:
what the questionnaire/survey was about
why you were asked to give your opinions
what opinions you gave and explain how you felt about giving your opinions in this questionnaire/survey.
What kinds of organisation want to find out about people's opinions?
Do you think that questionnaires or surveys are good ways of finding out people's opinions?
What reasons might people have for not wanting to give their opinions?
Questionnaires in school
Do you think it would be a good idea for schools to ask students their opinions about lessons?
What would the advantages for schools be if they asked students their opinions?
Would there be any disadvantages in asking students' opinions?