Labour Agreement visa (subclass 120)

Sunday 5 November 2023

Labour Agreement visa (subclass 120)

The Labour Agreement visa (subclass 120) closed to new applications on 1 July 2012. You cannot get this visa. You might be able to apply for the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186).

Visa holders

What this visa lets you do

This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any member of your family unit who has also been granted this visa:

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).

Your obligations

You must enter Australia by the date specified in the notification of grant letter.

You do not have to work for the employer who nominated you, but you must comply with any obligations under your employment contracts or industrial laws that require you to give your employer an appropriate period of notice before you stop working for that employer.

Your employers obligations

Your employer must:

  • Provide a full-time position
  • Meet any additional requirements of the Labour Agreement
  • Comply with all relevant Australian standards and workplace legislation for wages and working conditions.

Workplace rights

See also: Workplace rights for all visa holders working in Australia

Quick Contact

Interested in visiting,studying,working or living in Australia?

Enter your details and we'll call you back. When it suits you.

- Please enter information in English
If your age is below 18 years, it is imperative that this form be completed by your parents.
+ Attach Your Resume (optional)